Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I'm back in nyc...

...and I am especially happy to return to my special little "castle" across the street (pictured above from my roof).
Ok, so I should specify that this building I like to call a castle is technically one of the old New York armories still existing in my area. This massive fortress-like building across from my house was once known as the 13th Regiment Armory and is currently being used as a homeless shelter. Last month I ended up photographing this particular armory, along with a couple others in my area, for a small school project. During my winter break I came to the conclusion that I need to continue photographing and researching these buildings in the upcoming months. Until then, I will post some vacation pictures from Memphis and Chicago this week.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home